Saturday, September 16, 2017

Giant Commission -- British Foot Guards

Glenn will have all four battalions of Foot Guards present at Waterloo, with 30 figures per battalion.  These were fiddly to paint with their shoulder wings.  That is good practice for painting 66 tartans!


2/1st Foot Guards





3/1st Foot Guards




2/2nd Foot Guards




2/3rd Foot Guards



Glenn's British army is taking shape!  Here is the result of two months' painting.


Now I am working on two bases of British line standing and 6 bases of skirmishing guardsmen.  Then it's on to the highlanders!

10 comments:

  1. These look terrific Scott!
    It has been a long time since I painted British Foot Guard but I recall center companies NOT having wings. My memory is fuzzy though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you are right, and I think that the 1st wore grey trousers at Waterloo. These do help the figures stand out as guards, though!

      Delete
  2. Wow
    Now that is the way to paint the British!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sir! I am pretty happy with how they are turning out.

      Delete
  3. Great work Scott you have really nailed this collection Glens a lucky man.

    Best
    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Willie! I think he's happy with how these armies are turning out.

      Delete
  4. 'Happy' would be classic British understatement.
    These are the armies of my dreams.
    Already put on Austerlitz twice at shows and had many people tell me that these are the best painted armies that they've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. Love the officer with the folded arms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite pose too. He just looks so . . . officer-like.

      Delete